The tell-tale black mask and ringed tail makes these highly intelligent grey-furred creatures easy to recognize. They tend to prefer heavily wooded areas where they have easy access to water, vegetation, and the trees in which they make their dens. Unfortunately, due to the loss of natural habitat which also limits their food supply, these adaptive omnivores have taken to eating human food – and even making their dens in inhabited areas.
Raccoons can be a major nuisance. Any homeowner that has had contact with these masked creatures will tell you that they can be very destructive to both homes and businesses, getting into all sorts of mischief. They and their pups can cause thousands of dollars in damage if not handled in a quick and humane manner. It also carry many diseases — and are the largest carrier of rabies in North Carolina. Luckily, our licensed experts provide prevention service in the area which is called raccoon removal, Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Burlington, Winston-Salem, NC and all the surrounding areas.
Some of the problems cause:
- 1 Some of the problems cause:
- 2 Strategies to Keep Away:
- 3 Safe and Effective
- 4 North Carolinas Exterminators.
- Trash bags that are constantly torn to shreds
- Pets that become agitated because they hear or see them
- Footsteps running across your roof or in your attic
- Birdseed eaten out of the feeder before the birds get to it
- Plants destroyed before they bloom or are harvested
- Chickens or other small animals taken and eaten
- Outdoor pet food stolen from your animals
Strategies to Keep Away:
Keep Your Outdoor Areas Clean and Control Raccoons
- Check all areas around your home and clean up any garbage, paper, or food before the services.
- Remove all berries or fruit that fell from trees onto your lawn or nearby areas.
- Make sure that any picnic tables, chairs, or other outdoor furniture carry no crumbs or food smells.
- Tip unused garbage cans or buckets upside down so they don’t store water for them to drink.
- Only feed pets outdoors when they are going to eat their food immediately. Don’t leave food out for them.
Safeguard Your Trash Cans from Raccoons
- Purchase metal garbage cans with lids that stay tightly closed.
- Use a device to secure the lid, such as Raccoon Solution.
- Always place garbage inside garbage cans and replace lids immediately so raccoons won’t smell the food and come to eat out of your cans.
- Keep your cans clean by washing them out with a hose and strong cleanser regularly.
- Store trash cans indoors, in the garage, or somewhere else inside, particularly if you are gone for a long time or if you see them around the neighborhood.
- If you put meat or other tempting food in the garbage, always put it inside of two plastic bags, and put some bleach or strong-smelling cleanser on the outside bag before depositing it in the can.
Deal with Dens Piedmont
Unfortunately, even the most spotless area can still provide with shelter. Individual of them or entire families tend to have several nests within their territory. If you discover evidence of a nest in your attic, under your deck, or in a sheltered area around your home, you can try making the nest inhospitable by
- putting bright lights nearby.
- making noise, such as from a waterproof radio.
- placing ammonia-scented rags inside.
4. Play It Safe with Removal of Raccoon
- Never, ever confront them by yourself. It could be a mother with cubs nearby – one who is especially likely to become aggressive and may bite if it feels threatened.
- Don’t try to trap and relocate them or family yourself. This greensboro raccoon removal almost always results in the death of the young raccoons, unless performed by an expert who knows how to safely remove mothers with their offspring.
Safe and Effective
If all else fails, call in a professional. Triad Wildlife Experts safely removes them from homes and businesses in the near area, High Point, and Winston-Salem, NC area. Our technicians utilize innovative and humane methods to provide nuisance animal prevention.
If you’d like to have our licensed experts provide you with this services, simply call 336-365-0564. After we assess your specific situation, we’ll develop a plan of action for removing any of them from your property. Before you know it, you’ll be living pest-free again!
North Carolinas Exterminators.
Greensboro Raccoon & Greensboro Wildlife Removal
We remove raccoons all over North Carolina. We have exterminators in High Point NC, Winston-Salem NC, Asheboro NC, Burlington NC, Salisbury NC, Concord NC, Lexington NC, and crossing more cities off that list for getting rid of them in your area.
We offer many pests exterminating options for our customers. Prevention isn’t always easy, but we send out the right raccoon exterminators for the job. We offer inspections in all areas high and low to see how they are getting in or why the raccoons are entering your property.
Raccoons often times will go where food is easy and where there is a good water source. Raccoons and trash go together like peas and carrots. They get in trash cans are the number one thing people are used to seeing. It has a keen since of smell and the trash puts a lot of those smells that they love. Raccoons in garages are very common as well. A lot of community’s and subdivisions feed their cats and dogs in the garage. They love eating cat food and dog food, so this is why we often see raccoons in garages and raccoons eating cat food or raccoons eating dog food.
If you want to exterminate them from coming on to your property, you should eliminate all food sources that attract them. Things that attract Raccoons.
Raccoons love trash, bird feeders, cat food or dog food, places that are easy to climb up and places that are easy to get into. Raccoons love trees that are easy to climb that are close to homes. If a raccoon can climb a tree to get on a home he is going to do so. Raccoons on roofs are very common things. Raccoons love to get on roofs, because they can get up high and avoid dogs and other critters that may get in their way. Raccoons on roofs can cause many problems and can lead to raccoons in attic. Once they gets in the attic they cause tons of problems. Raccoons are very destructive in everything they do. Raccoon in attic is not something you want. Once a raccoon gets in an attic you will then need to call a raccoon exterminator to have the raccoon removed from attic. A raccoon in an attic it’s never a good thing. Raccoons look for weak and easy ways to get into the attic to sleep and stay warm in the winter months and lay their young right before spring.
Triad Wildlife Experts and animal prevention offers a wide range of services. We remove raccoons for good out of your home. We can also remove raccoons from attic and repair the damage so it never happens again. We set cages to humanely remove the nuisance and the clean the mess the raccoons in the attic may have caused.